From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ntfs-3g access rights
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:14:47
1 Hi All,
2
3 On a box which dual boots into MSWindows I mount a ntfs partition using fstab
4 as follows:
5
6 /dev/sda9 /mnt/data ntfs-3g defaults,noatime,locale=en_GB.utf8 0 0
7
8 however, when I ls the contents all files and directories are shown as:
9
10 (d)rwxrwxrwx
11
12 The problem is that these are different to the MSWindows rights and also if I
13 untar any fs in there then the access rights of that tarred fs are not
14 retained.
15
16 What is an appropriate way to configure this so that the Linux user has the
17 same access rights as the MSWindows user?
18
19 PS. I have set up a UserMapping file, but this has not made any difference.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick