From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: OT: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:37:06
1 On Saturday 30 July 2011 00:06:57 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I'm just curious as to how much longer dd is going to take. I wish it
4 > has some sort of a progress bar or something. :/
5
6 I'm in a similar process. I have an external disk which I use to back my
7 boxes up. I need a bootable vfat partition for the Win-XP part of my laptop,
8 but what I'd set up was far too small. So I was faced with either losing all
9 my Linux backups, or shrinking the ext4 partition to make more space for
10 vfat.
11
12 Gparted is currently moving all the ext4 data up the disk. The partition is
13 now 731 GB with 369 GB occupied. I started it nearly 18 hours ago and it
14 still says it has 5h 40m to go. It may want to do some other housekeeping
15 after the copy too.
16
17 It says it's copying 731 GB, but that must be an error, since nowhere on the
18 disk (and nothing on the network, come to that) is large enough to receive
19 that much data.
20
21 One thing's certain: it's a good test of the USB disk! I just hope your
22 power incident doesn't happen to me too. :-)
25 Rgds
26 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23