From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openrc all over again with version 0.2.4-r1
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:33:50
1 On 5/23/08, reader@×××××××.com <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > After surviving the initial update to openrc I've now found after an
3 > update world that the latest openrc no longer links /etc/init.d/lo to
4 > /lib/rc/sh/net.sh.
5 >
6 > In fact /lib/rc/sh/net.sh is completely gone. So I'm left with
7 > several useless symlinks in /etc/init.d and no indication of what they
8 > should be linked to.
9 >
10 > The migration guide at:
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
12 >
13 > Appears to be badly out of date and appears to indicate symlinking
14 > /etc/init.d/net.ethN to /etc/init.d/net.lo will fix the network startup.
15 >
16 > No mention of what /etc/init.d/lo is supposed to be linked to now.
17 >
18 > I've probably missed some important output of emerge during update
19 > world but my elogs for openrc do not indicate any messages.
20 >
21 > The newest version of openrc does not contain the file:
22 > /lib/rc/sh/net.sh.
23 >
24 > as it did with openrc-0.2.3
25 >
26 > Anyone know what the new scheme is... what the symlinks in
27 > /etc/init.d/net.ethN are supposed to point to?
30 > --
31 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
35 Probably you didn't etc-updated your system. My box is working
36 correctly, /etc/init.d/net.lo is the attached file, and net.eth0 is a
37 symlink to this file.
40 Andrés

net.lo application/octet-stream