From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Profile 17.1 fails at the analyse stage
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:40:40
1 On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:21 AM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > The --analyze phase bailed out before even starting. I filed an issue
4 > upstream (mgorny's github repository) and he made a change (I didn't
5 > look at the actual commit) so this situation should now be handled
6 > correctly. I think he did want to accept anything that ended up
7 > pointing to the right place, but was afraid of ending up with an
8 > unpredictable result, so now it will accept either the relative or
9 > absolute form. I don't know when he will release a new version.
12 IMO that was the right design choice. You just don't want to mess
13 around with these symlinks without care, so it is better to test that
14 everything is as expected. Otherwise you'll break some system that
15 somebody had tweaked 5 years ago and forgotten about. This way the
16 edge cases get reported, and can be taken into account before opening
17 things up more...
20 Rich