From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox-bin won't start on amd64
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:20:38
1 > > I've installed a new 64 bit system and everything is running great
2 > > except firefox-bin won't start. I get a "cannot execute binary file"
3 > > error which evidently means I've got a mismatch between the binary and
4 > > my system's architecture. I used an x86_64-hardened stage, my CHOST
5 > > is x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, I'm using -march=nocona, and intel.com says my
6 > > CPU has 64-bit extensions. Should I have used mult ilib somewhere
7 > > along the line or something?
8 > > - Grant
9 > >
10 > Do you have 32 bit execution support in your kernel?
11 >
12 > Executable file formats / Emulations -->
13 >   [*] IA32 Emulation  
14 >   <*> IA32 a.out support
15
16 Ace! Thanks Joshua.