From: Joshua Doll <Joshua.Doll@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox-bin won't start on amd64
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:11:31
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I've installed a new 64 bit system and everything is running great
3 > except firefox-bin won't start. I get a "cannot execute binary file"
4 > error which evidently means I've got a mismatch between the binary and
5 > my system's architecture. I used an x86_64-hardened stage, my CHOST
6 > is x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, I'm using -march=nocona, and intel.com says my
7 > CPU has 64-bit extensions. Should I have used mult ilib somewhere
8 > along the line or something?
9 > - Grant
10 >
11 Do you have 32 bit execution support in your kernel?
12
13 Executable file formats / Emulations -->
14 │ │ [*] IA32 Emulation │ │
15 │ │ <*> IA32 a.out support
18 --Joshua Doll
19 --