From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simple SMTP queue for a laptop
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:10:06
1 Stroller wrote:
4 > On Oct 26, 2005, at 12:27 pm, John Jolet wrote:
5 >
6 >>> ...
7 >>> So what I'm looking for is a program that acts like 'sendmail' (so
8 >>> that I can send email from mutt), and when it gets mail to send it
9 >>> stores it in a queue....
10 >>>
11 >>> Some kind of command like:
12 >>>
13 >>> $ sudo dump_all_mail_to smtp.wherever.i.am.net
14 >>>
15 >>> Does such a program exist? Really I'm just looking for something
16 >>> like ssmtp, but with a queue.
19 >> most mtas (postfix, sendmail, and exim for sure) have multiple ways
20 >> of being called. One of which is a "send your queue and die" mode.
21 >> pick an mta and read the docs.
24 > Postfix would be _ideal_ except that "relayhost" is static. I don't
25 > believe there is any way to define "relayhost" to change according to
26 > your current ISP.
29 If you use dhclient as your dhcp client, you can write up a
30 /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks to read the smtp-server option given by
31 the DHCP server, and modify any necessary configuration files as
32 necessary with sed/grep/etc...
33
34 I do this currently to modify my samba configuration to dynamically take
35 advantage of WINS servers.
36
37 Of course, if the DHCP server doesn't provide the smtp-server option,
38 well, you can always set it based on the domain-name option...
39
40 -Richard
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list