From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Browser have problems with illegal characters
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 18:08:16
1 On 2020.11.25 07:24, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > if I try to save a web page containing an illegal character (like
5 > hookrace.net/blog/introduction-to-metaprogramming-in-nim/)
6 > several browser show an error (attached image) and cannot recover
7 > from it. I have no chance to change the filename.
8 > I have to 'xkill' it
9 >
10 > What can I do about this?
11 >
12 > (My locale is en_US.iso88591)
13 >
14 > Many thanks for a hint,
15 > Helmut
16 Both Firefox and Chromium (KDE) save for me with no complaints, and "ls
17 -b" calls that character 302 267, which shows up as a vertically
18 centered dot, but I haven't figured out exactly what character it is.
19 I have en_US.UTF-8.
20
21 Jack