From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best website backup practice
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:03:59
1 Momesso Andrea wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:55:36AM -0800, Kyle Bader wrote:
3 >> This is a great method that I utilize:
4 >>
5 >> http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/
8 > And what about the database?
9
10 I like LVM snapshotting for databases, but that takes some planning and
11 you have to stop the database. However your mysqlbackup are actually
12 very unsafe because I know for certain that Mediawiki uses Innodb
13 tables. mysqlbackup does not guarantee a lock (I forget the actual
14 details of the issue) for Innodb so your backup could be crap. Chances
15 are you'd be fine on a database that isn't very busy, but don't get in
16 the habit of doing it that way.
17
18 kashani