From: Momesso Andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best website backup practice
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:34:24
1 On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 01:03:46PM -0800, kashani wrote:
2 > I like LVM snapshotting for databases, but that takes some planning and
3 > you have to stop the database. However your mysqlbackup are actually very
4 > unsafe because I know for certain that Mediawiki uses Innodb tables.
5 > mysqlbackup does not guarantee a lock (I forget the actual details of the
6 > issue) for Innodb so your backup could be crap. Chances are you'd be fine
7 > on a database that isn't very busy, but don't get in the habit of doing it
8 > that way.
9 >
10 > kashani
11 >
12 So there is no way if I want to keep the databases runnung?
13
15 http://topperh.blogspot.com