From: Per-Erik Westerberg <per-erik.westerberg@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with new install
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 18:18:50
1 fre 2010-10-15 klockan 11:29 -0600 skrev Mike Diehl:
2 > Hi all.
3 >
4 > I've never had this much trouble with a server before, but I've been pulling
5 > my hair out.
6 >
7 > The install seemed to go well, but when I rebooted it from it's own hard
8 > drive, it fails. fsck claims that it can't open /dev/sda3 or that the
9 > superblock doesn't describe a valid ext2 filesystem.
10 >
11 > However, when I reboot from the live CD, it mounts just fine and fsck says
12 > it's clean.
13 >
14 > Here is the /etc/fstab:
15 > /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 2
16 > /dev/sda3 / ext2 noatime 0 1
17 > /dev/sda2 none swap sw 0 0
18 > /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,ro 0 0
19 > shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
20 >
21 > Here is the /boot/grub/grub.conf file:
22 > default 0
23 > timeout 30
24 > splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
25 >
26 > title Gentoo Linux
27 > root (hd0,0)
28 > kernel /bzImage root=/dev/sda3
29 >
30 > I've verified that ext2 and ext3 are in the kernel statically. I've also
31 > compiled in ALL of the SATA drivers, statically.
32 >
33 > What am I missing?
36 Hi,
37
38 I had exactly the same problem when I did a reinstall, I used the kernel
39 ".config" I got from the live CD (zcat /proc/config.gz > .config) as a
40 base when configuring the kernel. I solved it by not using that and
41 instead start from scratch without an initial ".config". I guess that
42 there were some options that was conflicting.
43
44 BR / P-E