From: Mike Diehl <mdiehl@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with new install
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:29:46
1 Hi all.
2
3 I've never had this much trouble with a server before, but I've been pulling
4 my hair out.
5
6 The install seemed to go well, but when I rebooted it from it's own hard
7 drive, it fails. fsck claims that it can't open /dev/sda3 or that the
8 superblock doesn't describe a valid ext2 filesystem.
9
10 However, when I reboot from the live CD, it mounts just fine and fsck says
11 it's clean.
12
13 Here is the /etc/fstab:
14 /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 2
15 /dev/sda3 / ext2 noatime 0 1
16 /dev/sda2 none swap sw 0 0
17 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,ro 0 0
18 shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
19
20 Here is the /boot/grub/grub.conf file:
21 default 0
22 timeout 30
23 splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
24
25 title Gentoo Linux
26 root (hd0,0)
27 kernel /bzImage root=/dev/sda3
28
29 I've verified that ext2 and ext3 are in the kernel statically. I've also
30 compiled in ALL of the SATA drivers, statically.
31
32 What am I missing?
36 Take care and have fun,
37 Mike Diehl.