From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 18:03:47
1 <SNIP>
2 > I can't figure out why it is so slow tho. The NAS rig is a 4 core CPU
3 and 8GBs of memory. It should have enough horsepower under the hood.
4 Maybe it is something I'm not aware of. It is a older rig so maybe it
5 isn't SATA's fastest version, maybe even the original or something. I
6 can't find anything in lspci or dmesg so not real sure where to look on
7 BSD.
8 <SNIP>
9
10 Mine is similar. It's an i3-2120 which is 2 core, 4 threads with 8GB of
11 DRAM. The NIC is on the motherboard and I don't remember what motherboard I
12 bought. It was used and cost my about $50.