From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD Movie backups
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:15:15
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > I have found writing dual-layer DVDs practically impossible. The failure rate is way too high - even disks which burned "successfully" are unreadable on another PC / player.
4
5 Dual layer DVDs will only work, if the layer break is at the right place.
6
7 I so far have not been able to get the layer break value from the IFO file.
8
9 You need to use cdrecord -atip to get the layer break value and then use
10 cdrecord layerbreak=# and a DVD+R/DL media.
11
12 Jörg
15 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
16 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)