From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: i486
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:13:15
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
4 > make that i586
5 > > CFLAGS="-Os -march=??? -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
6 > > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
7
8 so that would be:
9 CHOST="i486-pc-linux-gnu"
10 CFLAGS="-Os -march=i586 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
11 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
12
13 Remember the purpose is to install a minimal gentoo
14 onto a (4 G) CF modules and be able to move it
15 from an i586, k6, Geode LX and all the way up to a p4,
16 all 32 bit.
17 ???
18
19 (I forgot about the geode board.) The Geode is
20 one I'm not too sure about.
21
22 > Considering that P4 are also among the worst cpus when it comes to energy
23 > consumption, why do you waste your time with that crap?
24
25 Sure, I keep lots of old hardware around to play and experiment
26 with. Mostly powered down, but turned on to have
27 fun with others and test codes even assembler routines. I
28 have many SBC that have minimal CPU of various architectures too.
29
30 thx,
31 James