From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:31:41
1 Stroller wrote:
4 > No, NTFS *is* really bad in that regard. I've seen it HORRIBLY
5 > fragmented, and defragging it make a REMARKABLE difference. At least
6 > the nice thing is that Defrag not only fixes you the problem, but also
7 > shows it before you run it.
8 >
9 > Stroller.
14 I agree. I defrag my brothers sometimes when I am up there and it has
15 data spread all over the place and takes a long time to get it all back
16 to somewhat reasonable. I usually have to do it twice to get it back
17 together. NTFS may be better than FAT but not by much.
18
19 Dale
20