From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Transfer OLD HD content to new HD
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 04:46:11
1 What is the best way to transfer content of an old HD to a new one
2 bigger one?
3
4 The old HD is running Windows 98 and a dental program that I need to
5 transfer along with it. I can not reinstall the dental program as
6 certain modification to the program will not be install, like submitting
7 claims electronically (the software vendor activate the changes over the
8 modem somehow using PC-Anywhere program).
9 I do not subscribe to software vendor program as I intent to move the
10 whole system to Linux (if I find a suitable dental program as I'm
11 hostage of this program) so if I reinstall the program from the CD those
12 changes will be gone.
13
14 I could do disk image and transfer it over to a new HD but the disk
15 image will not utilize the whole new HD space; the remaining space I
16 could activate as a new drive I think.
17 What else could I try?
20 #Joseph
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list