From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xsm and dependency...
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:39:51
1 On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, darren kirby wrote:
2
3 > quoth the Daniel Barkalow:
4 > > > emerge --update --deep --tree world will tell you why.
5 > >
6 > > It'll tell you what wants them, but not why. In particular, it
7 > > doesn't specify why xinit-1.0.2-r6, which didn't need xsm on September
8 > > 22nd, now does.
9 >
10 > What's up with this? I really don't want netkit-rsh installed either...xsm
11 > changelog says nothing...
12
13 You want to be looking at xinit's info; turns out you want the "minimal"
14 USE flag if you don't want to include the things used by the default
15 Xsession, which includes xsm (which has, as far as I can tell, always used
16 netkit-rsh).
17
18 -Daniel
19 *This .sig left intentionally blank*