From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen flickers/static
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:21:38
1 On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 12:54 -0500, JimD wrote:
2 > On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:15:37 -0600
3 > Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > My wife has the same problem with her computer running Gentoo, but I
7 > > generated the xorg.conf file from X -configure when I first installed
8 > > Gentoo on it for her, but her screen still flickers. Is there any way
9 > > to find out what drivers would need to be installed (if the drivers
10 > > are the problem)?
13 > This is probably a driver problem. Are you using the vesa driver?
14 > When I first installed Gentoo I was using the vesa driver until I
15 > downloaded the NVidia driver. With the vesa driver I too had
16 > flickers. However once I installed the Nvidia driver the problem went
17 > away.
18 >
19 > What type of video card do you have?
20 >
21 > Jim
22
23 I'm not sure. Is there a way of finding out the video card without
24 opening the case and looking? We have no idea where the manual went...
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list