From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen flickers/static
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:03:22
1 On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:15:37 -0600
2 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > My wife has the same problem with her computer running Gentoo, but I
6 > generated the xorg.conf file from X -configure when I first installed
7 > Gentoo on it for her, but her screen still flickers. Is there any way
8 > to find out what drivers would need to be installed (if the drivers
9 > are the problem)?
12 This is probably a driver problem. Are you using the vesa driver?
13 When I first installed Gentoo I was using the vesa driver until I
14 downloaded the NVidia driver. With the vesa driver I too had
15 flickers. However once I installed the Nvidia driver the problem went
16 away.
17
18 What type of video card do you have?
19