From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: masked package woes
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 03:02:27
1 On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:32:58 +0000 (UTC)
2 James wrote:
3
4 > Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:
5 >
6 > > > * net-analyzer/jffnms
7 > > > Latest version available: 0.8.2
8 > > > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
9 >
10 > > net-analyzer/jffnms is not part of the official portage tree, nor is
11 > > it in the online package database. So there are only two ways this
12 > > ebuild exist:
13 >
14 > > 1. It was previously a part of portage, and has since been removed, in
15 > > which case the next emerge --sync will end up removing it from your
16 > > portage tree.
17 >
18 > bummer.
19 >
20 > > 2. You installed an ebuild manually in either the portage tree or
21 > > portage overlay.
22 >
23 > Nope.
24 >
25 > > Are there any copyright or CVS comments at the top of
26 > > /usr/portage/net-analyzer/jffnms/jffnms-0.8.2.ebuild?
27 >
28 > dunno, the dir does not exist, yet an emerge sync
29 > shows the package. The system was last sync'd on monday
30 > the 21st of Nov.
31 >
32 > How do I retreive the old ebuilds, so I can keep working on the
33 > ebuild or use it as a basis to finish the ebuild package for
34 > jffnms?
35 >
36 > Bugzilla 92501 was the original request.
39 By the look of the CVS tree this ebuild has NEVER been in portage. How
40 it got on your system can only be explained by you.
41
42 If you think it is in portage on some of your systems you can verify by
43 looking in the directory
44
45 ls /usr/portage/net-analyzer/jffnms/
46
47 If you want to build it why don't you download the ebuild from the
48 bugzilla site and put it in your overlay? The overlay process is well
49 documented, I am not going to burden this list with yet another
50 explanation.
53 > I wonder why it wass abandoned before it was ever finished?
56 It doesn't look abandoned to me, the last post was on 19 October 2005,
57 when a new version of the ebuild was posted.
58
59 Lots of new evuilds get posted to bugzilla, not as many ever come out
60 the other end.
61
62 Once you have tested it don't forget to go back to the bug and report
63 back on your experience.
64
65 > James
69 > --