From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: masked package woes
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:38:02
1 Nick Rout <nick <at> rout.co.nz> writes:
2
3 > > Bugzilla 92501 was the original request.
6 > By the look of the CVS tree this ebuild has NEVER been in portage. How
7 > it got on your system can only be explained by you.
8
9 Where/how do you look at the portage tree in the full complement
10 of packages that are available or what's not in the portage tree?
11 Does one just look in /usr/portage/distfiles or some other special
12 directory, or is there a place where one can peruse the entire tree
13 regardless of what they have install on a gentoo system?
14
15 > If you think it is in portage on some of your systems you can verify by
16 > looking in the directory
19 I only said this because 'emerge -s jffnms' has previously shown
20 the package (in red) as masked. Plus this page was created:
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~angusyoung/docs/jffnms/docs/jffnms.html
22
23 > ls /usr/portage/net-analyzer/jffnms/
24
25 No, this dir does not exist.
26
27 > If you want to build it why don't you download the ebuild from the
28 > bugzilla site and put it in your overlay? The overlay process is well
29 > documented, I am not going to burden this list with yet another
30 > explanation.
31
32 I guess I have no other choice.
33
34 > > I wonder why it wass abandoned before it was ever finished?
35
36 > It doesn't look abandoned to me, the last post was on 19 October 2005,
37 > when a new version of the ebuild was posted.
38
39 OK, I confused see the package with 'emerge -s jffnms' with it
40 being masked but in the official tree of packages....
41
42 > Lots of new evuilds get posted to bugzilla, not as many ever come out
43 > the other end.
44
45 > Once you have tested it don't forget to go back to the bug and report
46 > back on your experience.
47
48 OK
49