From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:30:09
1 On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:42:07 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I find the separate files much easier to manage as all the settings
4 > > for each package are kept separate, and easily removed or changed -
5 > > for example when I stop using the package. The alternative would be to
6 > > comment every entry in the file so I know why I put it there and
7 > > whether I still needed it.
8
9 > What I ran into, I'd update say KDE. It would need some packages added
10 > to the keyword file. Some may not be KDE but packages that KDE depends
11 > on. Well, should those that are KDE go into the KDE file and the ones
12 > that are dependencies but not KDE go into a file of its own or what?
13
14 You put them wherever you want! I put them in kde, because that's what
15 they are for. That way I know that those entries were required by KDE
16 without having to fill the single file with comments.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 O.K. I'm weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.