From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Has MySQL become compulsory?
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:58:06
1 Neil Bothwick wrote on 24/10/09 09:53:
2 > On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:02:16 +0200, Dave Jones wrote:
3
4 >> Alan, thank you for your 'RTFM' reply. which is utterly useless either
5 >> to me or any other follower of the gentoo-user mail group.
6
7 > Seeing as how this has been discussed in the last two days, I don't see
8 > how Alan's advice is useless. The question has been asked and people have
9 > taken the time and trouble to answer it. Why should they do it again when
10 > you could just as easily find the previous answer yourself.
11
12 Another 'RTFM' message, thanks.
13
14 I'll answer my own question, including detail which may be useful to
15 other users:
16
17 emerge PyQt with USE=webkit sql
18
19 I had installed a few kde-meta packages rather than the full kde-meta.
20
21 eix -I kde | grep meta list your installed kde-meta packages
22
23 Add the kde4 versions of those meta packages to package.mask:
24
25 (Sample) package.mask to mask kde4:
26
27 =kde-base/kdeaddons-meta-4*
28 =kde-base/kdeadmin-meta-4*
29 =kde-base/kdeartwork-meta-4*
30 =kde-base/kdebase-meta-4*
31 =kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta-4*
32 =kde-base/kdeutils-meta-4*
33 # Mask non-meta kde installed package:
34 =kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing-4*
35 # Requires kdelibs-4, mask
36 =media-video/kmplayer-0.11*
37 # Required by kde4, requires mysql by default.
38 app-office/akonadi-server