From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and NetworkManager
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:04:05
1 On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu>wrote:
2
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > I would like to get some help regarding networkmanager and KDE.
6 >
7 > I have installed the networkmanager package on my machine and I also
8 > have networkmanagement kde application installed. My problem is that
9 > as a user I'm not able to abb network connection using network manager
10 > in kde. There is no way to run this application as root and I'm not
11 > able to login as root into KDE.
12 >
13 > At the moment I don't have any network connection on that machine. If
14 > I want it then I have to remove networkmanager package and let the
15 > rc-process to handle the networks.
16 >
17 > Is there a place where that is described how possible to solve this
18 > issue? Is there a tutorial about networkmanager where the
19 > configuration is described or something like this? What right is
20 > needed or something? I have googled a few hours but I haven't found
21 > anything.
22 >
23 > I appreciate your help!
24 >
25 > András
26 >
27 > --
28 > -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
29 > http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
30 > -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell
33 Have you read the gentoo wiki:
34 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/NetworkManager
35
36 Follow the guide, and add the network management plasma widget, it should
37 let you manage different networks.
38
39 I have it in my laptop and works fine with ethernet, wifi, and a usb modem.
43 Andrés Becerra Sandoval