From: Michael Mauch <michael.mauch@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Safe Cflags for Celeron M340 on a FSC Amilo Pro V2010?
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:36:26
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > In the coming days, I'll get a Fujitsu Siemens FSC Amilo
4 > Pro v2010 notebook in which a Intel Celeron M340 1,5 GHz,
5 > 400FSB CPU is built into. For this system, I'd like
6 > to setup a "build host" following the
7 > <http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_A_Build_Host>. Quite
8 > obviously, it would be good to know the exact CPU
9 > type, so that I can choose the "correct" CFLAGS settings.
10 >
11 > For this, I'd like to be on the safe side and follow
12 > the instructions at <http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags>.
13 >
14 > But I'm not sure, which CPU the machine hosts.
15 >
16 > Maybe someone from here could post the output of
17 >
18 > cat /proc/cpuinfo
19
20 processor : 0
21 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
22 cpu family : 6
23 model : 9
24 model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1500MHz
25 stepping : 5
26 cpu MHz : 1500.624
27 cache size : 512 KB
28 fdiv_bug : no
29 hlt_bug : no
30 f00f_bug : no
31 coma_bug : no
32 fpu : yes
33 fpu_exception : yes
34 cpuid level : 2
35 wp : yes
36 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pbe
37 bogomips : 2973.69
40 > or tell me, if the CPU is one of:
41 >
42 > - Celeron (Mendocino), aka Celeron1 (Intel)
43 > - Celeron (Coppermine) aka Celeron2 (Intel)
44 > - Celeron (Willamette) (Intel)
45
46 It's none of these, it's a 130 nm Pentium M (Banias) with less cache and
47 without cpufreq scaling (SpeedStep), only throttling.
48
49 http://www.intel.com/products/processor/celeron_m/
50 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron#Banias-512
51 http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron#C-Banias