From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting Gentoo from USB stick
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:06:43
1 On 16/09/10 08:26, Dale wrote:
2 > Jake Moe wrote:
3 >> Thanks for that, I'll rebuild the genkernel with blkid support.
4 >>
5 >> As to the second suggestion, there is *no* /dev/sda1 (the partition in
6 >> question). It just doesn't exist for some reason. However, fstab shows
7 >> that it's mounted, and /sys/block has entries for the disk, so I'm not
8 >> sure why it's dropped out. I'm guessing it has something to do with
9 >> udevd, or uevents? Because shortly before that, I tell it to find the
10 >> root partition at /dev/sda1, and it starts to boot, but then it loses
11 >> it.
12 >>
13 >> Jake Moe
17 > The file fstab doesn't show what is mounted. Either use the command
18 > "mount" with no options or cat /etc/mtab to see what is actually mounted.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
23 >
24 Gah, it's too early. That's what I meant to say (and previously said in
25 my original post): when I run "mount", it shows /dev/sda1 is mounted on /.
26
27 Jake Moe