From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:09:21
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, January 29, 2012 2:16 pm, Dale wrote:
4 > <snipped>
5 >> The little green light stayed on all the time so I unplugged it. I'm
6 >> hoping someone here may still have one of these and can shed some light
7 >> on this.
8 >
9 > The light staying on could also be because the floppy-flatcable is plugged
10 > in incorrectly. Turning it around might be sufficient to make it work
11 > again.
12 >
13 > --
14 > Joost
20 It started doing that all on its own without being touched. I'm pretty
21 sure it was trying to spin too. I think something went out and was
22 trying to make it spin all the time. I may have another one out in the
23 shed but I'm not sure. I may have a old junk rig but I don't know
24 whether they work or not. I'm also not sure I have any floppies either.
25
26 I'm just full of issues on this one. lol
27
28 Thanks to all for the replies. I'll give those tools a try.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
36 how you interpreted my words!
37
38 Miss the compile output? Hint:
39 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"