From: Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clock/Daylight Savings
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:31:38
1 I dual boot windows on my system, and for some reason, windows can't
2 keep the time straight after the change. What used to happen is I'd
3 have openntp sync my clock, then restart to play some games. After
4 booting back into Gentoo, ntpd would see such a large difference in
5 what the time is supposed to be and what it actually is according to
6 the hwclock that it just wouldn't sync!
7
8 The solution was to use ntpclient on default runlevel, as it just
9 syncs the clock with no special conditions. Of course, you can run
10 both if your into that sort of thing. I use ntpd to set my clock to
11 UTC time and then use zoneinfo to set it back to Eastern Standard.
12 Works like a charm. Oh, and UTC is generally a good idea because it
13 isn't affected by daylight savings time at all :)
14
15 Hope this helps.
18 -·=»Ðŧħ«=·-