From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting around ancient SATA disk size limitations
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:00:24
1 On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > On 2012-06-18 16:24, Michael Mol wrote:
3 >
4 >> http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST4000DX000/dp/B005WX3NEU/
5 >>
6 >> "Seagate Barracuda 7200 4 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 128MB Cache
7 >> 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive"
8 >
9 > Hm... then Seagate needs to update their product page:
10 > http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/internal-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/barracuda/#
11 >
12 > No 4TB in sight... oh, well. Or maybe it's one of those magical drives
13 > I've read about[1]... ;-)
14
15 Read the reviews on the Amazon page. It sounds like Seagate's selling
16 the 4TB drives, but only in USB enclosures. Reseller are taking the
17 3.5" drive out of the enclosure and reselling them individually at a
18 markup.
19
20 I only posted the link to the Seagate drive, since that was the first
21 one that popped up in my search. Point is, the 4TB drives do exist.
22
23 [snip]
24 --
25 :wq