From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I mount a compact flash?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 21:30:38
1 On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 16:36 -0400, Statux wrote:
2 > > Neither /dev/sda nor /dev/sda1 are defined on my system? What package is
3 > > responsible for defining them.
4 > >
5 > > --- Vladimir
6 >
7 > Perhaps you don't have SCSI support built into your kernel. You need the
8 > USB mass storage (if it's via USB) and SCSI emulation support options.
9 > Also, make sure you select the option pertaining to probing multiple
10 > LUNs which will look at some devices like multi-card readers and
11 > recognize that they have more than one device in them like my Lexar
12 > reader does.
13
14 This sounds like it. I've made the requisite changes, and I expect that
15 it'll work.
16
17 Thanks.
18
19 --- Vladimir
20 >
21 > I didn't catch a post or two for this thread but I hope this helps :)
22 >
23 > -Statux
26 Vladimir G. Ivanovic
27 Palo Alto, CA 94306