From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I mount a compact flash?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 20:59:25
1 > Neither /dev/sda nor /dev/sda1 are defined on my system? What package is
2 > responsible for defining them.
3 >
4 > --- Vladimir
5
6 Perhaps you don't have SCSI support built into your kernel. You need the
7 USB mass storage (if it's via USB) and SCSI emulation support options.
8 Also, make sure you select the option pertaining to probing multiple
9 LUNs which will look at some devices like multi-card readers and
10 recognize that they have more than one device in them like my Lexar
11 reader does.
12
13 I didn't catch a post or two for this thread but I hope this helps :)
14
15 -Statux