From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Security Updates and Portage Trees
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:25:06
1 On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:03:53 +0200, Fernando Meira wrote:
2
3 > > Add them to world. As long as you don't do an automatic emerge -uD
4 > > world you shouldn't have a problem. When updates come out, you'll see
5 > > them in the output of emerge -pvD world (which you won't with your
6 > > current setup) then you can merge them manually in the correct order
7 > > before letting portage handle the rest of world.
8
9 > I might be wrong, but I have the idea that E-cvs packages are always
10 > updated during an emerge world.
11
12 Only if you run it without -p or -a. I never run emerge world without
13 fiorst checking exactly what it is going to do.
14
15 > Therefore I can't control it by
16 > updating (manually) E-packages and then run emerge world.
17
18 You can, just don't let emerge world run until you are happy with what
19 it is going to do.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Compatible: Gracefully accepts erroneous data from any source.