From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Security Updates and Portage Trees
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:33:07
1 On 9/22/05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:03:53 +0200, Fernando Meira wrote:
4 > > I might be wrong, but I have the idea that E-cvs packages are always
5 > > updated during an emerge world.
6 >
7 > Only if you run it without -p or -a. I never run emerge world without
8 > fiorst checking exactly what it is going to do.
11 I was not meaning that, but instead that CVS packages were always updated in
12 a emerge -u world. If I would update my world, a re-run would re-update
13 those packages. I added the whole list of packages to the world file and it
14 seems that my idea was wrong. None of the E-CVS packages are getting
15 updated. Which also means that I can "clean" my "depclean" functionality. :)