From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommended printer?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:41:38
1 On 2011-10-21, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Michael J. Barillier wrote:
3 >> I've wasted enough time beating on my current boat anchor of a printer
4 >> hoping it'll start working. linuxprinting.org is currently offline, so
5 >> in the meantime does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive printer
6 >> that is known to work with cupsd and Gentoo?
9 > I have always had good luck with HP. So far, all have worked fine.
10 > Heck, I even got one at Walmart real cheap once and it worked for
11 > several years. The ink is what gets me tho. $$$$$$$
12
13 I've got an HP LaserJet 1220, that works brilliantly. It knows
14 Postscript so there are no hassle with "drivers", postscript is what
15 Unix apps produce when they want to print. I've had it for 6-7 years
16 and haven't had to buy toner yet.
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Th' MIND is the Pizza
20 at Palace of th' SOUL
21 gmail.com