From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: strange one with gentoo guest in vmware
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:10:49
Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get a gentoo guest running in vmware app on windowsxp. > > I just installed a prebuilt appliance (gentoo 2008) and am now > updating it. > > I got the kernel rebuilt and updated to 2.6.32-r5 and rebooted into > that. > > I now have all uppercase at the cmdline. The actual keyboard is not > in uppercase mode... and oddly the gentoo install apparently is not > seeing uppercase at the cmdline since cmds that are supposed to be in > lower case all work.
[...] Never mind... I've trashed that bagvapp gentoo appliance and built my vmware gentoo guest from livecd. I tried the (now aged) bagvapp vmware gentoo appliance because I've had big troubles in the past getting a kernel to boot inside vmware. I thought it might be easier to update the bagvapp appliance. This time, after piddling with the latest kernel, I got it to boot right on the first try .... (chest swelling to new dimensions) But that Uppercase thing was a corker...