From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: strange one with gentoo guest in vmware
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:10:49
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I'm trying to get a gentoo guest running in vmware app on windowsxp.
4 >
5 > I just installed a prebuilt appliance (gentoo 2008) and am now
6 > updating it.
7 >
8 > I got the kernel rebuilt and updated to 2.6.32-r5 and rebooted into
9 > that.
10 >
11 > I now have all uppercase at the cmdline. The actual keyboard is not
12 > in uppercase mode... and oddly the gentoo install apparently is not
13 > seeing uppercase at the cmdline since cmds that are supposed to be in
14 > lower case all work.
15
16 [...]
17
18 Never mind... I've trashed that bagvapp gentoo appliance and built my
19 vmware gentoo guest from livecd.
20
21 I tried the (now aged) bagvapp vmware gentoo appliance because I've
22 had big troubles in the past getting a kernel to boot inside vmware.
23 I thought it might be easier to update the bagvapp appliance.
24
25 This time, after piddling with the latest kernel, I got it to boot
26 right on the first try .... (chest swelling to new dimensions)
27 But that Uppercase thing was a corker...