From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my hard drive sick?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:26:55
1 On Tuesday 20 November 2007, Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > So my
3 > opinion is that samsung and seagate seem to deliver (so far...),
4 > maxtor/wd/others, it's a toss-up, and IBM==bad.
5
6 Harddisks are build by the thousands, and I know of no industrial product that
7 never has a unit go bad.
8
9 I once had three Fujitsu drives dead in a week, that's bad. My experience with
10 Samsung is excellent. Anyway, I would never trust anyone's advice if it's "I
11 had *one* drive of XXX make, it died, so XXX is bad quality. Harddisks do
12 die, make backups.
13
14 Thierry
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list