From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another hardware thread
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:40:15
1 On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:06:49 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2
3 > > I'm not a gamer, but I want a system with plenty of grunt. Video
4 > > performance is not critical, on board would suffice, except I need
5 > > something with dual output to drive two monitors. Do any of the
6 > > onboard jobbies do this or is a separate Nvidia still the best option?
7
8 > AFAIK onboards very rarely have support for dual monitor. Besides,
9 > having a separate somewhat-beefier GPU might be usable in some cases.
10 > For instance, Ubuntu's Unity and Windows' Aero both rely on GPU to do
11 > their eye candy stuff.
12 >
13 > C'mon, don't be stingy... spare one PCIe slot for a graphic card :-)
14
15 I'm not bothered about using a separate card, heck I could even re-use
16 the one I have.
17
18 I use neither Unity nor Windows tough.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
25 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
26 Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.