From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: FYI: Daily / weekly / monthly cron jobs run twice on DST - non-DST transition
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 00:48:55
1 On 2017-11-05 21:40, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Agreed again. My desktop cronjobs are all empty and when I had some
4 > they were of the "do this once a week or once a day" variety. I didn't
5 > care when they ran, just that they did every so often
6
7 What about the synchronization and predictability aspect, which I
8 mentioned in my 1st entry in this thread?
9
10 I want _all_ my machines to do a full fsck when I turn them on the 1st
11 of a month. (if a month seems too long, substitute "Sunday"). Anything
12 else is madness.
13
14 And yeah, desktops matter to me.
17 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
18 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
19 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.