From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is sys-firmware/intel-microcode-20180108 complete?
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 18:12:37
1 On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 17:06:46 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 15:47:25 GMT Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
3 > > > It looks as though my CPU hasn't been fixed yet. Is that right?
4 > >
5 > > It seems that patches are being pushed out as they are being received,
6 > > so back when that one was released, no other updates were available.
7 > >
8 > > See https://bugs.gentoo.org/643430#c10
9 > >
10 > > We should get the full range of updates in the next few days.
11 >
12 > Right. Patience is a virtue, they say.
13
14 So what are we to do with our old PCs, which will no longer receive Intel's
15 microcode blessing? Are we to throw them away in a landfill and of course
16 take our custom elsewhere, or will the kernel patches suffice for both bugs
17 and all variants?
20 Regards,
21 Mick