From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sync'ing and compiling pkgs for multiple PCs
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:45:08
1 > I don't have time right now to answer all of your questions, but in
2 > terms of having all machines have the same list of installed packages,
3 > all you probably need is /var/lib/portage/world . This lists all of
4 > the packages that you emerged. I.e. those packages not brought in via
5 > dependencies. If you have the same USE flags set on all machines, then
6 > you should not see the need for new dependencies to be brought in on
7 > any of the non-compile machines.
8
9 Hmmm, a simple cat of those three files then, simpler than my idea!
10
11 And for the "system" I believe this depends only on the profile chosen, so this
12 profile should be the same on each machine, or then I would have to generate the
13 list of packages in each pc's "system"... I don't see why they should be
14 different so this should not be a concern.
15
16 Thanks!