From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pratical question about portage tree
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:57:44
1 On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 10:05:54PM -0300, Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
2 > Hi all; I was wondering about somethings I got a linux box at work
3 > that I keep always updated; but; I had a dial up connection at home :(
4 > ( snip ) !!!
5 >
6 > if I copy the portage tree with the distfiles to my home computer I
7 > would be able to make a system update ?
11 I remember there was a script floating around that could be used to
12 generate a list of packages that the home system would need. The
13 script on the fast network side would process the list to download
14 the files, you would then burn a cd with the files and take back to
15 the home system for updates. This would get you around Nick's comment
16 about needing same USE flags and installed packages.
17
18 Unfortunately Allen I don't remember exactly what the script was or
19 where I got it, but I think there's a reference to it in the Gentoo
20 Wiki.
21
22 HTH,
23