From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] He's baaaaaack!
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:41:42
1 --- Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv> wrote:
2
3 > had same problem, solved rebuilding mbr
4 > check fdisk, if same problem (16 heads instead of
5 > 255 heads) this will help
8 http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user%40lists.gentoo.org/msg07969.html
11 hmm, yes it *is* 16 heads. But before I try this thing
12 can you recall trying to boot WinXP after running
13 (win95)fdisk /mbr? In my case the boot.ini file on the
14 c:\ drive actually opens giving me a choice of WinXP
15 and the Recovery Console but clicking one or the other
16 just leads to a blank screen. Seems if I can reach
17 boot.ini all should be OK windows-wise.
18
19 -mw
24 Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
25 http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list