From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] eee PC crashes on shutdown.
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 23:13:28
1 >> > May not help, but that change should be made in any case.
2 >> >
3 >>
4 >> Definitely related to alsa. I deleted alsasound from runlevel boot
5 >
6 > What's the point of quoting a message that gives useful advice, then
7 > going on to explain that you ignored that advice and took a completely
8 > different, and non-functional, approach?
9
10 Whoa! I never "explained" anything. I merely turned off alsasound to
11 see if that was the problem.
12
13 >Walt's advice is sound (sorry :)
14
15 Thanks for your kind corroboration. I'll get to it pronto.
16
17 mw