From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] eee PC crashes on shutdown.
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:57:13
1 On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:31:53 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > > The very first thing to try is to change your /etc/conf.d/alsasound so
4 > > that it has these two lines:
5 > >
6 > > # Deprecated options:
7 > > # Upstream feels, and we wholehartedly agree, that this was a silly
8 > > idea UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no"
9 > > KILLPROC_ON_STOP="no"
10 > >
11 > > May not help, but that change should be made in any case.
14 > Definitely related to alsa. I deleted alsasound from runlevel boot
15
16 What's the point of quoting a message that gives useful advice, then
17 going on to explain that you ignored that advice and took a completely
18 different, and non-functional, approach? Walt's advice is sound (sorry :)
19 those variables should be set to no top prevent the alsa module unloading
20 that is apparently stopping your shutdown.
21
22 > UPDATE Just rebooted and ran lsmod. The modules with the string
23 > '_hda_' in the middle are still loaded. Some of the others, like
24 > 'snd_mixer_oss,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device' are gone. Except
25 > for 'snd_pcm, snd_timer, snd'; they're still loaded. The logic, if
26 > any, of what's going on escapes me. If I turned off alsa in rc-update
27 > why should it still load some of the modules. They're not it
28 > modules.autoload.d.
29
30 They've been loaded by the hotplug system when the hardware was detected.
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.