From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] eee PC crashes on shutdown.
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:31:55
1 > The very first thing to try is to change your /etc/conf.d/alsasound so
2 > that it has these two lines:
3 >
4 > # Deprecated options:
5 > # Upstream feels, and we wholehartedly agree, that this was a silly idea
6 > UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no"
7 > KILLPROC_ON_STOP="no"
8 >
9 > May not help, but that change should be made in any case.
12 Definitely related to alsa. I deleted alsasound from runlevel boot(why
13 does the doc insist on putting it there?) and it shutdown normally.
14 And why the huge raft of drivers for such simple hardware, just two
15 ports? My desktop has all the bells and whistles and doesn't use half
16 the drivers of the little netbook
17
18 UPDATE Just rebooted and ran lsmod. The modules with the string
19 '_hda_' in the middle are still loaded. Some of the others, like
20 'snd_mixer_oss,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device' are gone. Except
21 for 'snd_pcm, snd_timer, snd'; they're still loaded. The logic, if
22 any, of what's going on escapes me. If I turned off alsa in rc-update
23 why should it still load some of the modules. They're not it
24 modules.autoload.d.
25
26 mw