From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] eee PC crashes on shutdown.
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:53:49
1 On 07/08/2009 12:31 PM, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 >> The very first thing to try is to change your /etc/conf.d/alsasound so
3 >> that it has these two lines:
4 >>
5 >> # Deprecated options:
6 >> # Upstream feels, and we wholehartedly agree, that this was a silly idea
7 >> UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no"
8 >> KILLPROC_ON_STOP="no"
9 >>
10 >> May not help, but that change should be made in any case.
13 > Definitely related to alsa. I deleted alsasound from runlevel boot(why
14 > does the doc insist on putting it there?) and it shutdown normally.
15 > And why the huge raft of drivers for such simple hardware, just two
16 > ports? My desktop has all the bells and whistles and doesn't use half
17 > the drivers of the little netbook
18 >
19 > UPDATE Just rebooted and ran lsmod. The modules with the string
20 > '_hda_' in the middle are still loaded. Some of the others, like
21 > 'snd_mixer_oss,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device' are gone. Except
22 > for 'snd_pcm, snd_timer, snd'; they're still loaded. The logic, if
23 > any, of what's going on escapes me. If I turned off alsa in rc-update
24 > why should it still load some of the modules. They're not it
25 > modules.autoload.d.
26
27 Read through /etc/conf.d/alsasound and look at the environment variables
28 that are set in that file. LOAD_ON_START, for example changes the way
29 /etc/init.d/alsasound behaves.
30
31 If it's set to 'yes' then the script does a modprobe -c and greps thru
32 the output for sound modules and then loads them. It's all quite well
33 done for my purposes, but YMMV.