From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eth0 failure
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 13:34:09
1 On Thursday 07 January 2010 15:17:05 GerhardosG wrote:
2 > Hi ,
3 >
4 > on my gentoo-Laptop with AMD - K8 the network
5 >
6 > is NOT running :
7 >
8 > ifconfig eth0 down
9 >
10 > ifconfig eth0 up
11 > Disabling IRQ #5
12 >
13 > Why ?????
16 <sigh>
17
18 Yea gods, not another one.
19
20 How on this earth can you expect people to help you if you do not provide
21 information. We have no idea what machine you have, what network card, what
22 errors are taking place, what modules, what kernel or anything else that's
23 important to help you, because you did not say.
24
25 My initial opinion as to why your network does not work is that your card is
26 physically fucked.
27
28 Feel free to disagree and prove me wrong by means of:
29
30 - relevant dmesg output
31 - relevant /var/log/messages output
32 - relevant lspci output
33 - relevant lsmod output
34 - relevant uname -a output
35 - relevant kernel configuration output
36 - relevant verbose output on the shell when starting the interface
37 - anything else relevant
40 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com