From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's up with larry the cow dot org?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 00:48:20
1 On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:26:04 +0000 (UTC)
2 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Appropos of nothing, I accidentaly stumbled across larrythecow.org
5 > today. It's oddly baffling. The domain is registered to "Domain
6 > Protection Services", and (AFAICT) has been since 2005.
7
8 Wayback suggests that until Oct 2015 it was associated with Funtoo:
9
10 https://web.archive.org/web/20151005165316/http://larrythecow.org:80/
11
12 Sometime Nov 2015 it got nuked and replaced with a page with hints of ASP
13
14 https://web.archive.org/web/20151107212839/http://larrythecow.org:80/
15
16 Jan 2016 onwards is all laptop crap.
17
18 That's all I have for now, but I'd assume the site has been hacked.
19
20 Maybe somebody at funtoo knows what's up.