From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's up with larry the cow dot org?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 05:29:35
1 On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:26:04 +0000 (UTC)
3 > Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Appropos of nothing, I accidentaly stumbled across larrythecow.org
6 >> today. It's oddly baffling. The domain is registered to "Domain
7 >> Protection Services", and (AFAICT) has been since 2005.
8 >
9 > Wayback suggests that until Oct 2015 it was associated with Funtoo:
10 >
11 > https://web.archive.org/web/20151005165316/http://larrythecow.org:80/
12 >
13 > Sometime Nov 2015 it got nuked and replaced with a page with hints of ASP
14 >
15 > https://web.archive.org/web/20151107212839/http://larrythecow.org:80/
16 >
17 > Jan 2016 onwards is all laptop crap.
18 >
19 > That's all I have for now, but I'd assume the site has been hacked.
20 >
21 > Maybe somebody at funtoo knows what's up.
22
23 It might be someone testing the claim on Larry the Cow. The content is
24 enough, I would think, to provoke legal action, but they're not
25 actually making much (if any) money off of the site.
26
27 I might open up something on the tracker for the trustees about this.
28 I've found it a few times and been very confused, but I didn't explore
29 it any further than that.
30
31 R0b0t1.